So, yesterday was an off day. One of those days where you feel tired all day, you’re cranky, discombobulated, and have no focus. The kind of day where my darling hubbie would come home to a kitchen full of dishes, a trashed house, a snippy wife, and miserable kids.
Yup. That was yesterday.
– dishes were caught up
– the basket of laundry from last night was folded and put away
– a load had gone through, was folded and put away
– there was another small load in the dryer
– the hanging shoe thing behind the bedroom door that holds kiddie craft supplies had been organized
– the books/workbook on my closet shelf had been gone through and organzied
– the house – while not quite “tidy” – was not trashed
– Little Man (3 years old) had done some painting, and also some gluing
– I had some quality playtime with my boy
This, on a BAD day.
I truly can’t believe it. Don’t get me wrong; I had a nap in there, and I was hardly Little Miss Sunshine. But… WOW. All that? Didn’t normally happen on an old “good” day.
I’m seeing changes. Great, wonderful, POSITIVE changes! I’m in control of my life! I can make choices about what I want to do now; before, it felt like my body acted on its own, which was usually to go on the path of least resistance. But now? I feel like my confidence has grown in leaps and bounds, and I can’t wait to see where this is going to lead me!