After a pretty successful NaBloPoMo, I want to keep up the trend of posting more often. Probably not EVERY day, but more often then I had! Today, I decided to use a prompt from Mama Kat’s (pretty much world famous) writing workshop. She instructs:
List 5 things we don’t know about you, 5 things you’re knowledgeable about, 5 things you know nothing about, and 5 things you believe.
So, here we go!
5 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. I used to volunteer at the high school library, usually covering books with contact paper. Seriously, everyone should have that skill!
2. Despite my major in Early Childhood Education, I loved teaching a 6th grade in a Catholic, inner city school the best! It was only for the last 6 weeks of the school year, but it was so empowering. It could have had something to do with how ‘hands off’ the principle was…
3. I used to be quite proficient in something called “Cued Speech”. I’m still not too bad, if I do say so myself… But I hope to return to my former level – and much better! – some day.
4. I have a dear friend who is one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, and if I had any backbone in me at all, I would become one too.
5. My husband and I have an animal (you know, how some people have ‘a song’): Moose!
Five Things I’m Knowledgeable About
(Disclaimer: There is always SO much to learn about everything, I don’t really consider myself “knowledgeable” about anything! But, here goes…)
1. The Spanish Alphabet. And reading orally in spanish. Understanding it? Ummmm… no…
2. As mentioned above, I’m decent with Cued Speech.
3. Procrastination. Yup, I’m VERY knowledgeable about that!
4. I’d like to think I’m fairly knowledgeable about breastfeeding. If nothing else, I know where to send you for help!
5. Clutter. Yup, I know it. I know it well…
Five Things I Know Nothing About
1. Crocheting. Other then it’s really really hard. For me, anyway.
2. Head Lice. I say this because apparently the new thing in our Primary School is to NOT send home kids with it. So I may find out about it. But I really don’t want to.
3. History. Um, there were a lot of people long ago. There were wars. They invented stuff. The end?
4. Footnotes. To this day I have NO idea about where to even start with them.
5. Computers. There’s a screen and a keyboard and big part. You click the fox thingy and it takes you to the internet. The only thing I know about the internet is that Al Gore invented it.
Five Things I Believe In – Answered in Song Lyrics Because These Are What Popped Into My Head
1. I believe I can fly… I believe I can touch the sky…
2. The POWer of love.
3. In miracles.
4. A dream is a wish your heart makes… when you’re fast asleep….
5. (Or not) I’m walking on air, I never thought I could feel so free-eee-eee-eeeee.